How to Uninstall uTorrent from Computer Completely
People who are hardcore users of Windows computers uninstall torrent or any other programs by the control panel. But sometimes, it might be possible that some files can be left behind, and so there are some chances of unfinished uninstallation. Such leftover files are of no use and only take space of your computer, and it might be slow down your laptop/computers. There is no reason to keep such files into your system.
How to uninstall uTorrent?
Are you trying to use uTorrent uninstaller and not getting the satisfying results? Here I am providing some steps of how to remove uTorrent!
If you are the user of windows 10 and can’t uninstall uTorrent, then, first of all, you should go to the settings of your computer.
- Click Start > Settings
- Click System
- Go to the Left pane > Select Apps & Features
- Select ‘Uninstall.’
- Now you will see a pop-up. Re-select the Uninstall button and give confirmation signal to your computer
By following the above steps, you will be able to uninstall uTorrent from your Windows 10.
Now, what about the other windows? If you are the user of Windows 8 or 8.1 or even Windows 7, and if you have a question of how to remove uTorrent from your computer, you should go by the information given below:
- Click start > Control Panel
- Find out ‘Programs’ or ‘Programs and Features’ > Uninstall a program
- Select uTorrent > Click Uninstall/Remove
- Now some information will appear on the screen, follow the instruction.
- Click ‘Uninstall’ again for the confirmation
To uninstall uTorrent from such windows is much easier if we are comparing it with Windows 10.
Generally, no one is using Windows XP nowadays; it’s quite outdated. But if you have any queries regarding how to uninstall uTorrent from Windows XP, read further…
- Firstly, click on Start > Control Panel
- Click twice on ‘Add/Remove Programs’
- Click uTorrent
- Lastly, click on the ‘Remove’ button
- You will see some instruction on the screen, read it and complete uTorrent uninstallation.
Many users also have some queries regarding the listing of the program that the particular program they want to uninstall is not showing in the ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Add/Remove Programs.’ In such cases, users can find and delete files manually.
You may follow the following steps:
- Open uTorrent > open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
- Select uTorrent > Mouse right click > Select ‘Properties’
- Know the file location
- Mouse right click > Open file location
- Go on ‘Startup.’
- Disable auto-run uTorrent
- Now, open C: drive > Delete the folder of uTorrent
After following all the above steps, it might be possible that some files/registry left behind. You should take care to remove such leftover files also. But it is quite risky task as deleting wrong entries may cause risk for your system and damage your computer permanently.
If we talk about uTorrent, it is capable enough to run in the Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, etc. It is also available in Mac OS X 10.5 and Android. There is also a paid version of uTorrent, and its name is ‘uTorrent Plus.’ This version is quite new as it was released in mid-2011, with some new features. It includes integrated file conversion, anti-virus software as well as the media player which is built-in. uTorrent is written in C++, and it is available in 67 languages.
If you want to read and understand about uTorrent in more details, you can explore the website of uTorrent: https://www.utorrent.com/